This document shows the step by step process for completing inspections using the mobile app.
This video reviews the functionality of the feature.
Inspection data must be entered using the mobile application. The app is available for iOS and Android.
- Apple Devices: Our app currently supports Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or later.
- Android Devices: Our app currently supports Android devices running Android 9.0 or later.
- Device Memory: For optimal app performance and maximum data integrity, devices should have at least 2GB of available memory. If you anticipate taking more than 10 photos per unit, more memory is recommended.
NOTE: Older devices may see varied performance as manufacturers have acknowledged throttling performance to increase battery life.
Downloading the App
- Open the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search for SightPlan Inspect
- If multiple versions are available, select the app that matches the screenshot above
NOTE: You may need a device password to complete the download
Login & Select an Organization
1. If the app is already installed on your device, it will check to make sure the version is up to date; you may be directed to the App Store or Play Store to update the version
2. Enter your email address and password to login
- If you were invited to SightPlan Inspect, you will need to complete your registration after receiving the new user email
- Contact Support if you need to new user email resent
3. Using the Forgot Password link will send you an email to reset your password
4. If your device allows, you will be prompted to enable Biometrics, which will save time by logging you in using Face ID or Touch ID
- Do not enable Biometrics if you are using a shared device
5. If the app prompts you to allow notifications, enable them
6. Once you have logged in, you will see a list of companies you have access to; select the appropriate company to continue
Load an Inspection and View Inspectable Areas
1. Next you will see your available inspections
2. Select an inspection from the list, or tap the magnifying glass to search for one
3. Tap the inspection you want to begin
- Note that it may take a minute to load the inspection, depending on your wifi strength, property size, and inspection size
4. Once your inspection is loaded you will see a notification that download is complete. You can disconnect from wifi once you see this notification
5. You are now ready to find an area to inspect
- Your Buildings will be visible at the top of the list, and your site areas will be visible at the bottom.
- After you tap into a building the units within the building will be at the top of the list and the building areas will be listed at the bottom of the list.
When you open a unit, you will see a Room List for that unit
- Each room will display the number of questions that need to be answered and the number of questions that have been answered, so you can easily tell which rooms have been completed.
When you tap into a room, you will see a Question List for the room
- Tap the appropriate answer for each question
- If you make a mistake, you can change your answer
- Required questions and photos will show a Required tag after the question
- Questions that require comments will show (Required) next to Add Comment…
- If all requirements for a question have not been met, the question will be outlined in red. You will not be able to exit the room until they have been completed.
1. Select Add Photo(s) underneath the question where you would like to include a photo
2. Your device’s camera will automatically open
- If prompted, allow Inspect access to the camera
- After snapping a photo, tap the Use Photo button to save it
- You will see a photo list after tapping Use Photo
- Tap the back button to return to your unit
3. To add a photo from your device’s camera roll
- Tap Cancel after the camera opens
- You will be able to select a photo taken outside of Inspect
- You can add as many photos as desired to each question
1. Annotate photos by adding test, shapes, or drawings
2. View the photo by tapping the thumbnail after adding a photo
3. Use the icons below the photo to add effects
4. After editing your photo, click Save
5. You will receive a confirmation that your photo has been saved
- To add a comment to a question, tap into the Add Comment area and begin typing
- Tap outside of the comment area to complete
Editing Costs & Quantities
- You can edit the quantities and costs associated with repairs and replacement by using the $ Add Cost button
- Update the number of items that need repair or replacement
- Override the cost per item if damage is outside of the average scope
- When you finish a room, the app will prompt you to return to the room list
- When you have answered all questions in a unit, the status will be automatically marked as Completed
- If you left questions blank, you will need to update the status to Completed by tapping the Status Bar at the top
- Completing other areas like building exteriors and site areas will follow the same process as completing units
Mark Units No Entry
- Mark Units No Entry if you are unable to enter a unit
- Select the unit, Tap the Status Bar at the top of the screen and mark the unit as No Entry, then select a reason
1. When you have finished inspecting or are taking a break, tap the Upload Responses button to save your data to the database
- You must be connected to the internet to sync
- Don’t let your device “go to sleep” during this step – changing the autolock settings may be helpful if you’re syncing while eating lunch
- Multiple users may upload at the same time
- It may take 15-30 minutes to see data within reports
2. If at any time you get an error during the upload, check your internet connection, return to the main page and try again
3. If the error persists, contact InfoTycoon for assistance
Check Inspection Status
- At any time during the inspection, you can view the status of all synced data
- Tap the View Status button above the Upload Responses button
- This will show you how many units have been completed
- You can also view the list of all No Entry units
Complete the Inspection
1. Once you have inspected all units and property areas, you may mark the inspection Complete
2. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner
- From the menu, select Complete Inspection
- If all units are in a completed status, you will see the following notification
- If some units are incomplete, you will see a message that lets you know the inspection cannot be completed. You will need to finish inspecting those units before completing the inspection
How do I get a username and password for the Inspect App?
- Contact your company administrator or Support to request an invitation
- Use the Sign Up link within the mobile app to create an account and request access to an Organization or Join an Inspection using a QR Code
How do I reset my password?
To reset your password, tap the Forgot Password link in the mobile app, or use the Forgot Password link within the Web App
I am unable to see my inspection after logging into the mobile app
1. Join via QR Code
- Tap the menu, then select Join Inspection
- Have another user with access to the inspection tap the menu and select Add Inspection
- Scan the QR Code generated by the other inspector’s device
2. Contact your company administrator or Support to be assigned to the inspection
I need to make changes to the questions on my inspection
Contact support to add/remove questions or answers, change question or room order, add photo/comment requirements, or add defaults
How do I view Inspection Reporting?
View the Related Resource for Due Diligence Reporting or Enterprise Reporting, depending on your inspection Type
Due Diligence Reporting
Adding a User on Mobile
For more information about the SightPlan platform, please visit our Knowledge Base Articles. Should you need additional support, please don't hesitate to contact the Help Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.