This video reviews the functionality of the feature.
Inspection data must be entered using the mobile application. The app is available for iOS and Android.
Apple Devices: Our app currently supports Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or later.
Android Devices: Our app currently supports Android devices running Android 9.0 or later.
Device Memory: For optimal app performance and maximum data integrity, devices should have at least 2GB of available memory. If you anticipate taking more than 10 photos per unit, more memory is recommended.
NOTE: Older devices may see varied performance as manufacturers have acknowledged throttling performance to increase battery life.
Downloading the App
Open the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search for SightPlan Inspect
If multiple versions are available, select the app that matches the screenshot above
NOTE: You may need a device password to complete the download
Login & Select an Organization
1. If the app is already installed on your device, it will check to make sure the version is up to date; you may be directed to the App Store or Play Store to update the version
2. Enter your email address and password to login
If you were invited to SightPlan Inspect, you will need to complete your registration after receiving the new user email
Contact Support if you need the new user email resent
3. Using the Forgot Password link will send you an email to reset your password
4. If your device allows, you will be prompted to enable Biometrics, which will save time by logging you in using Face ID or Touch ID
Do not enable Biometrics if you are using a shared device
5. If the app prompts you to allow notifications, enable them
6. Once you have logged in, you will see a list of companies you have access to; select the appropriate company to continue
Load an Inspection and View Inspectable Areas
1. Next you will see your available inspections
2. Select an inspection from the list, or tap the magnifying glass to search for one
3. Tap the inspection you want to begin
Note that it may take a minute to load the inspection, depending on your wifi strength, property size, and inspection size
4. Once your inspection is loaded you will see a notification that download is complete. You can disconnect from wifi once you see this notification
5. You are now ready to find an area to inspect
Categories within your inspection will be displayed as Spaces here
Some Categories may have Sub Categories that contain questions
Categories such as Apartment Inspections require units to be added for inspection
When first tapping the category, instructions will be displayed for adding units
After tapping the Ellipsis in the top right corner, select Add Units from the menu
You will need to be connected to the internet for this step
First, select a subtype from the top of the screen. This is the same as the category you just selected
Next, you will see all property units listed by building. You may select one or more to add to this category
When you open a category or a unit, you will see a question list available for that space
Tap the appropriate answer for each question
If you make a mistake, you can change your answer
Required questions and photos will show a Required tag after the question
Questions that require comments will show (Required) next to Add Comment…
If all requirements for a question have not been met, the question will be outlined in red. You will not be able to exit the space until they have been completed.
1. Select Add Photo(s) underneath the question where you would like to include a photo
2. Your device’s camera will automatically open
If prompted, allow Inspect access to the camera
After snapping a photo, tap the Use Photo button to save it
You will see a photo list after tapping Use Photo
Tap the back button to return to your unit
3. To add a photo from your device’s camera roll
Tap Cancel after the camera opens
You will be able to select a photo taken outside of Inspect
You can add as many photos as desired to each question
1. Annotate photos by adding test, shapes, or drawings
2. View the photo by tapping the thumbnail after adding a photo
3. Use the icons below the photo to add effects
4. After editing your photo, click Save
5. You will receive a confirmation that your photo has been saved
To add a comment to a question, tap into the Add Comment area and begin typing
Tap outside of the comment area to complete
When you finish a space, the app will prompt you to return to the space list
1. When you have finished inspecting or are taking a break, tap the Upload Responses button to save your data to the database
You must be connected to the internet to sync
Don’t let your device “go to sleep” during this step – changing the auto-lock settings may be helpful if you’re syncing while eating lunch
Multiple users may upload at the same time
2. If at any time you get an error during the upload, check your internet connection, return to the main page and try again
3. If the error persists, contact SightPlan for assistance
Complete the Inspection and View Reporting
Once you have inspected all spaces, the inspection will automatically be marked Complete
You may now visit the Inspect Web App to view reporting for the inspection
How do I get a username and password for the Inspect App?
Contact your company administrator or Support to request an invitation
How do I reset my password?
To reset your password, tap the Forgot Password link in the mobile app, or use the Forgot Password link within the Web App
I am unable to see my inspection after logging into the mobile app
Contact your company administrator or Support to be assigned to the inspection
I need to make changes to the questions on my inspection
Contact support to add/remove questions or answers, change question or room order, add photo/comment requirements, or add defaults
How do I view Inspection Reporting?
View the Related Resource for Enterprise Reporting
For more information about the SightPlan platform, please visit our Knowledge Base Articles. Should you need additional support, please don't hesitate to contact the Help Team at email@example.com.